The Vault12 team has been busy adding new capabilities over the Summer, the biggest new capability is Digital Inheritance, which we have just launched. However there are also some other things that we put in under the hood.
November 15 2021
- Digital Inheritance. This is a simple and easy way to pass on all kinds of digital assets to a designated Guardian, in the event of death, incapacitation and incarceration. For more information visit our product page, read our FAQ or review our "How it works" blog post.
- Speed. Locking/Unlocking assets is 2X faster — however, you must download the latest release and ask all your Guardians to do the same, in order to take advantage of the speed increase.
- Pricing. We have taken a look at the pricing structure and realigned the plans so that it's easy to try the product for free. It is simpler for a casual investor to use the product at the $19.99 equivalent per month price point, for instance removing restrictions relating to the number of Guardians. In addition, we've added capabilities for the security-conscious investor who wants more storage, and more control over the security infrastructure at $199.99 equivalent per month price point.
We are also continuing the special offer for VGT holders where they get a 50% discount for funding their subscription plan with VGT, for themselves, for friends and family, and for clients.
- Tablets. We've updated the support for iOS and Android tablets to bring them in line with the mobile experience.
- Language. We have added language support for German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
From Your Site Articles
(including Cryptocurrency Seeds, NFTs and Art)
Every digital asset you own should be backed up, protected and remain accessible. Cryptocurrency in particular is difficult to secure. With natural disasters, hackers, to badly implemented security, you are always at the mercy of others.
Vault12 Personal Digital Asset Security helps you recover, backup and provide legacy inheritance for all your digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, NFTs, other cryptocurrencies, private keys, seed phrases, digital art and of course, your crypto wallets.
Download Vault12 today – Try the free plan:
Pass on your Digital Assets to future generations
Vault12 Digital Inheritance is the first solution to offer a simple, direct, and secure way to ensure digital assets can be accessed by future generations. Digital Inheritance enables investors to designate an individual who will inherit their entire portfolio of digital assets stored in a secure Vault once the time comes, eliminating undue risk and the need to continually update an inventory or continually issue updated instructions.
Designed to be used alongside traditional hardware, software and online wallets, Vault12 helps cryptocurrency owners, ICO investors, professional cryptocurrency traders, and high net worth investors safeguard their digital assets without storing anything in the cloud or in fact any one single location. This increases the protection and decreases the risks of loss.
A digital Vault containing your digital assets is assigned to trusted people or devices, known as Guardians. Your Guardians can be adjusted as needed in real-time so that the appropriate number are always guarding your digital assets. No one can access your assets and only you get access when you need.
The Winklevosses came up with an elaborate system to store and secure their private keys. They cut up printouts of their private keys into pieces and then distributed them in envelopes to safe deposit boxes around the country, so if one envelope were stolen the thief would not have the entire key.
The idea behind Vault12 is how do we essentially split that responsibility, make that problem of key control less a technological one by essentially making it into a social one with networks of people that they trust.
Exchanges are the main target for hackers. Those are the biggest honeypots. So the number one rule in Crypto is, do not keep your money on an exchange, and if you're going to custody that money, you need to do it off of the exchange with a product like Vault12.
Security and usability are inextricably linked, the former cannot exist without the latter. Vault12 understands the need for end-to-end management of this experience as well as the importance of integrating into the prevailing crypto ecosystem
As we move to a more open financial system driven by advanced blockchain technology and cryptocurrency, we need smarter ways to ensure that the system is trustworthy. Vault12 does this by addressing a foundational need -- ensuring that your crypto assets are not only protected by decentralized security, but also by your trusted inner circle. Your private key never exists in one place or with one entity, reducing risks from hackers as well as everyday accidents.
Security is the lifeblood of industry, commerce, and leisure. As more people use decentralized applications, they will need a way to back up their crypto wallets and exchange accounts. Vault12 provides a simple and natural way to reduce risks and combat the fear of forgetting seed phrases and private keys.