October 2020 Update
The Vault12 team has been busy adding new capabilities over the Summer, the biggest new capability is Digital Inheritance, which we have just launched. However there are also some other things that we put in under the hood.
- Digital Inheritance. This is a simple and easy way to pass on all kinds of digital assets to a designated Guardian, in the event of death, incapacitation and incarceration. For more information visit our product page, read our FAQ or review our "How it works" blog post.
- Speed. Locking/Unlocking assets is 2X faster — however, you must download the latest release and ask all your Guardians to do the same, in order to take advantage of the speed increase.
- Pricing. We have taken a look at the pricing structure and realigned the plans so that it's easy to try the product for free. It is simpler for a casual investor to use the product at the $19.99 equivalent per month price point, for instance removing restrictions relating to the number of Guardians. In addition, we've added capabilities for the security-conscious investor who wants more storage, and more control over the security infrastructure at $199.99 equivalent per month price point.
We are also continuing the special offer for VGT holders where they get a 50% discount for funding their subscription plan with VGT, for themselves, for friends and family, and for clients.
- Tablets. We've updated the support for iOS and Android tablets to bring them in line with the mobile experience.
- Language. We have added language support for German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Next Up From Vault 12
Inheritance and self-custody for CryptocurrencyVault12 Explainer
Vault12 Product Demo
Vault12 Digital Inheritance is the first solution to offer a simple, direct, and secure way to ensure cryptocurrency, NFTs and other Web3 digital assets can be inherited by future generations.
Digital Inheritance enables investors to designate an individual or a mobile device as a guardian that will inherit their entire portfolio of digital assets inside a secure digital Vault once the time comes, eliminating undue risk and the need to continually update an inventory or issue updated instructions which result in privacy leakage.
Designed to be used alongside traditional hardware, software, and online wallets, Vault12 helps cryptocurrency owners, professional crypto traders, and high-net-worth investors safeguard their digital assets without storing anything in the cloud or in fact, any one single location. This increases protection and decreases the risks of loss.
The Vault12 app enables decentralized self-custody, back up, and provide legacy inheritance for all your web3 digital assets, including NFTs, wallet seed phrases, secrets like keys, PIN codes, DAO project keys, and digital art.
Whether your digital art is suitable for a phone, or represents much higher resolution multimedia, make sure that you have backed up a copy in case the resource link is disrupted in the future. Digital art can easily be added to the Vault either via the mobile app or via the desktop utility. Once you have stored your artwork in your Vault, it will also benefit from inheritance once you activate that in your app.
As a creator you can use Vault12 to safeguard not just your NFT and crypto wallets, but also original digital artwork. Project creators will always have to deal with multiple wallets - inventory, treasury as well as future royalty wallets.
Vault12 safeguards your project assets, increasing protection and decreasing the risks of loss, whilst ensuring that everything is ready to go to be passed onto future generations, when the need arises.