The latest release of Vault12, 1.2.5 iOS / 1.4.51 Android, introduces new privacy strengthening features.
The Vault12 team has been hard work adding new privacy-enhancing features as well as some fixes to the main product - you can check the history of releases here.
- Address Explorer. When adding a backup code (seed phrase) to your Vault, you can now choose to store and view public addresses even while the asset is locked - for more details see 'Creating a Watch-only Wallet with xPub and Address Explorer'.
- Improved interface for importing seed phrases
- Fixed an issue when replacing a Guardian having an empty Vault could lead to the app hanging;
- Fixed an issue when restoring a Vault to several devices could cause app instability;
- Fixed an issue when Inheritance setup could be processed very slowly under certain circumstances;
- Fixed alignment of SecureScan camera interface;
- Localization fixes in German and Russian languages;
Next Up From Vault 12
Inheritance and self-custody for CryptocurrencyVault12 Explainer
Vault12 Product Demo
Vault12 Digital Inheritance is the first solution to offer a simple, direct, and secure way to ensure cryptocurrency, NFTs and other Web3 digital assets can be inherited by future generations.
Digital Inheritance enables investors to designate an individual or a mobile device as a guardian that will inherit their entire portfolio of digital assets inside a secure digital Vault once the time comes, eliminating undue risk and the need to continually update an inventory or issue updated instructions which result in privacy leakage.
Designed to be used alongside traditional hardware, software, and online wallets, Vault12 helps cryptocurrency owners, professional crypto traders, and high-net-worth investors safeguard their digital assets without storing anything in the cloud or in fact, any one single location. This increases protection and decreases the risks of loss.
(Note: The Vault12 app is not a crypto wallet and does not hold cryptocurrency. It is a Vault that safeguards your wallet seed phrase and private keys, associated files for NFTs, and digital art).
The Vault12 app helps you self-custody, backup, and provide legacy inheritance for all your web3 digital assets, including NFTs, wallet seed phrases, secrets like keys, PIN codes, DAO project keys, and digital art.
Whether your digital art is suitable for a phone, or represents much higher resolution multimedia, make sure that you have backed up a copy in case the resource link is disrupted in the future. Digital art can easily be added to the Vault either via the mobile app or via the desktop utility. Once you have stored your artwork in your Vault, it will also benefit from inheritance once you activate that in your app.
As a creator you can use Vault12 to safeguard not just your NFT and crypto wallets, but also original digital artwork. Project creators will always have to deal with multiple wallets - inventory, treasury as well as future royalty wallets.
Vault12 safeguards your project assets, increasing protection and decreasing the risks of loss, whilst ensuring that everything is ready to go to be passed onto future generations, when the need arises.